The Foundation Remembrance, Responsibility and Future (EVZ) appreciate your visit to its websites and your interest in its work. Protecting your personal data when using our websites is very important to us. In the following text, we would like to inform you about when we collect which data and how we use it.
The Foundation Remembrance, Responsibility and Future (EVZ) has implemented numerous technical and organizational measures in order to ensure the most complete protection of personal data processed through this website.
Nevertheless, security vulnerabilities may arise when transmitting data via the Internet and, therefore, complete protection cannot be guaranteed. For this reason, every data subject has the option of providing us with personal data by alternative means, for example by phone.
2. Controller and contact with the Data Protection Officer
The controller responsible for processing your data is the Foundation Remembrance, Responsibility and Future (EVZ). Our contact details are as follows:
Stiftung Erinnerung, Verantwortung und Zukunft (EVZ)
For any questions and queries regarding data protection, any data subject may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer via the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Your rights as a data subject
Regarding your personal data, you have the following rights vis-à-vis a controller:
If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you may withdraw this consent at any time. Such a withdrawal affects the legitimacy of the processing of your personal data after you submit your withdrawal to us. The legitimacy of the processing of your personal data prior to the time of your withdrawal remains unaffected.
4. Duration of storage with respect to personal data
Personal data is erased after the end of its purpose or once statutory retention periods have expired, depending on which period is longer.
5. Recipients of personal data
In general, we do not pass on any personal data. However, we use service providers who may receive knowledge of your personal data in the course of their duties.
This includes the agency commissioned with the creation of our website and our web hosting providers.
6. Processing of personal data when you visit our website
During the merely informative use of the website, i.e. the mere display of the website without registration and without you providing us with any other information, we process the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. The data described below is technically necessary for us to be able to provide you with our website and to ensure stability and security, and must therefore be processed by us. The legal basis is Art. 6(1), sentence 1, lit. f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest is the above-mentioned purposes.
After 14 days, we will erase this data.
Scope and description of processing of personal data
Our website uses “Matomo”, a web analytics service provided by InnoCraft Ltd., 150 Willis St, 6011 Wellington, New Zealand. Matomo stores cookies on your end device, allowing an analysis of the use of our website by you. The data collected this way is stored exclusively on our server. These data are:
Our website uses Matomo with the “Anonymize Visitors’ IP addresses” setting enabled. This allows IP addresses to be truncated for further processing so that data are not directly linked to individuals. The software is configured in such a way that full IP addresses are not stored. Instead, two bytes of the IP address are masked (e.g. 192.168.xxx.xxx). The effect of this is that the truncated IP address can no longer be associated with the accessing computer.
The IP address transmitted by your browser via Matomo is not aggregated with other data collected by us.
The information collected is processed in accordance with Art. 6(1) lit. f) GDPR. The purpose and our legitimate interest in doing so is the improvement of our website offering for our website visitors (for example, we can determine through the statistical analysis which websites are accessed particularly frequently).
Statistical data collected by us is erased after 166 days.
Matomo is an open-source software. Information from the third-party provider on data protection is available at matomo.org/privacy-policy/
We use the following cookies:
(1) Session cookies: These are deleted again once you close the browser. This type of cookies aims at improving the usability of the website. This includes in particular the so-called session cookies. These store a session ID that enables your browser to be recognized on your next visit to our website.
(2) Technically required cookies: Certain cookies may be strictly necessary for our website to function accurately. (e.g. cookies for the display).
(3) Persistent cookies: These remain stored even after you have closed the browser, so that you do not have to log in again, for example. Similarly, information for range measurement, marketing and web tracking can also be stored in such a cookie.
(4) Statistics cookies: These are used to improve our own website. User behavior is analyzed on the website for this purpose. For example, it is possible to find out which web subpages have been visited particularly frequently, how many visitors there are, which pages have been accessed for the first or last time (entry or exit pages) or even the time spent on the website by visitors. We describe the data processing of our used statistic tools in detail in an additional item.
9. Newsletter and newsletter tracking
Users can subscribe to the EVZ Foundation newsletter on the Foundation’s website. The purpose of the transmission of personal data to the controller when subscribing to the newsletter, and which personal data is transmitted is specified in the input screen used in this regard.
For this purpose, we use the so-called double opt-in process, according to which we will only send you a newsletter by email if you have previously given us explicit consent to activate the newsletter service by clicking on a link contained in a message. In case you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your registration details will be locked and automatically deleted after one week. In addition, we store your IP addresses and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure according to Art. 6(1) lit. f) GDPR is to be able to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data. This also constitutes our legitimate interest at the same time.
If you subsequently change your mind about receiving the newsletter, you can cancel your subscription at any time by withdrawing your consent. You can withdraw your consent to receiving the email newsletter using the link provided in the newsletter or the website’s administration settings. Alternatively, please contact us via the details provided in the Contact section.
For the supply of the newsletter, your personal data (email address) will be transmitted to our partner regarding the newsletter mailing, CleverReach (CleverReach GmbH & Co. KG, Mühlenstr. 43, 26180 Rastede, Germany).
Your personal data (email address) entered for the purpose of receiving the newsletter will be stored on CleverReach's servers in Germany or Ireland. By sending the newsletter, the respective opening rate and the further click-through rate within the newsletter are tracked and processed. The analysis shows us how often the newsletter was opened and how often which links were clicked. The EVZ Foundation thus assesses the newsletter usage by analyzing the actual usage (recording the reach). However, we only see the total number of users and cannot identify individual users. The purpose of the analyses is to customize and optimize the offering.
We only carry out these analyses if we explicitly request your consent for newsletter tracking on the respective registration page. If no consent is requested on the respective registration page, we do not carry out any newsletter tracking for this newsletter.
Data processing is carried out on the basis of your consent (Art. 6(1) lit. a) GDPR). You can withdraw this consent at any time by unsubscribing from the newsletter. The data you provide for the purpose of receiving the newsletter will be stored until your unsubscription from the newsletter and will be deleted from our servers as well as from the CleverReach servers after you unsubscribe from the newsletter.
10. Surveys and event registrations
(1) We conduct surveys, in accordance with your consent pursuant to Art. 6(1) lit. a) GDPR. As part of this, we process statistical data such as age category, country, knowledge about the EVZ Foundation for surveys to improve the work of the EVZ Foundation (communicating offerings, funding, etc.). The surveys also serve the purpose of better preparing and organizing our events and improving upcoming events.
(2) You may also register for events on our website. The data processing shall be carried out based on your consent in accordance with Art. 6(1) lit. a) GDPR or based on a contractual relationship in accordance with Art. 6(1) lit. b) GDPR.
By registering, the same data is transmitted as with any website visit. With the following additional purposes, we process the following data:
You can find out the exact content of the events on our registration page. The data processed may also include special categories (food intolerances, allergies & special needs, gender identity, etc.), which we shall process with your consent, pursuant to Article 9 para 2 a) of the GDPR, in order to take into account your health needs or the correct form of addressing you.
(3) We use the so-called double opt-in process to register for our events. This means that after your registration, a confirmation email will be sent to the email address you provided, asking you to confirm that you are interested in participating in the event. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your registration details will be locked and automatically deleted after one week. In addition, we store your respective IP addresses used and times of registration and confirmation. The purpose of the procedure according to Art. 6(1) lit. f) GDPR is to be able to verify your registration and, if necessary, to clarify a possible misuse of your personal data. These purposes also constitute our legitimate interest.
(4) The only required data for sending surveys or registrations are those marked as not optional. The provision of additional, separately tagged data is voluntary. We store your email address subsequent to your confirmation for the purpose of sending the registration or survey. The legal basis for this is Art. 6(1), sentence 1, lit. a) b) GDPR.
(5) You can withdraw your consent to participate in the survey / event at any time, we will then delete your data. You can withdraw your consent at any time by sending an email to email@example.com.