A FUNDING PROGRAMME FOR SURVIVORS OF THE ROMA GENOCIDE
Roma in Eastern Europe, especially the survivors of Nazi persecution, live in poverty and are socially excluded. For many years, the Foundation EVZ has been funding humanitarian aid projects in several Eastern European countries for Roma born before 1945. With the programme “Latcho Dives!“, the Foundation aims to strengthen its commitment to this group and to extend its project funding to further Eastern European countries. The first call for applications was directed at Russian-speaking civil society organisations from Belarus, Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, Moldova, Russia and Ukraine. The next call for applications will be published in 2017 in english language and is directed at civil society organisations from Central and Southern Europe.
- To contribute to the recognition of the persecution histories of Porajmos survivors;
- To improve the health and social conditions of survivors by enabling them access to existing medical and social services, and promoting their societal participation through inter-generational dialogue activities;
- To alleviate the plight of Roma survivors and their family members through appropriate support services;
- To support civil society organisations in Roma communities as well as to support and highlight the voluntary engagement of young Roma and Romnija on behalf of Nazi victims; and
- ACTo thereby contribute to the societal recognition of Roma as well as their inclusion in the respective majority societies.